It’s been a busy few weeks in the Beastie household and I am gradually getting to grips with the juggling act of being a Mum to two. So to ease me back in I bring you my list of things that happen to you when you breastfeed.
I know I will think of more once I post this, isn’t it always the way? It’s not always an easy ride breastfeeding with lots of ups and downs at the beginning. There have been a few moments of despair and plentiful occasions feeding in public with a fretful baby *aargh* but I just love being able to do this for my little boy, warts and all!
- You become a walking dummy
- Your boobs start to resemble a road map with the network of veins on display
- You could make money glamour modelling – if it wasn’t for the veins, flabby tummy and eye bags
- Your cleavage is much more impressive than before…but…
- Your current tops/dresses no longer fit 🙁
- You realise breast pads for the first few weeks are as essential as having a wee…now you wouldn’t want to get caught short
- You get stopped in your tracks when your milk comes in every few hours *wince*
- You find getting your boobs out (discreetly now!) in public becomes second nature
- You figure gorging on cake and the like is essential to keep up your energy levels and milk supply *ahem*
- You are constantly sourcing feeding/changing rooms when out and about to the point of being obsessed